Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Rockin' It

N and I went indoor rock climbing today. There is a place in New Bedford called Carabiner's that is about 4 miles from our apartment. It is pretty huge, with 65 foot climbing walls. There are several climbing trails with various levels of difficulty. We got a beginners lesson which included an hour of instruction/helpful hints and climbs. They also have some trails that are parallel with the floor so you climb horizontally, you do not need a harness for these trails. There are also some trails that curve so you are almost upside down. These trails are lower to the ground and have thick mats underneath so you do not need a harness for these either.

N rocked it. She is a rock climbing queen. I on the other hand was not that good at it. It was fun however, and I definetly worked muscles I didn't know I had. I was shaking afterward. We did 4 climbs, N got a lot higher than me on all of them. Then we were given a tour of the workout room and then we tried the lower to the ground trails without a harness until we couldn't hold on to the wall anymore. Then we decided we were really tired, really thirsty, and really hungry so we headed home.

I'm def. gonna try it again.

No comments:

Post a Comment