N and I had planned to drive S to Lakeville to the train station so she could head to Boston in prep for leaving today. But Jake insisted he drive her all the way into Cambridge to her destination so N and I piped up saying we wanted to tag along. Why not? We figured we could hang with S some more before she left and hit up Newbury St.
We parked in a lot at S's bf's house and headed to the T.
When we got to Newbury St, we had 15 min. before things closed. I suggested we go to Urban Outfitters since it was right across the street from the T stop. There were no objections so we ran over to check it out. We were immediately told they were closing in 15 minutes. We walked around the store and picked out some outrageous looking (and priced) outfits that we joked we should wear to work one day. My outfit included this and this and this but with a Pabst Blue Ribbon giant belt buckle! Oh, and this hat, a large amount of huge chucky jewelry, and gloves.
I really, for real, loved this hoodie but for $48? Ha, holy crap that's almost as crazy as the hula hoop they were promoting on TV this morning for $49!
We looked at the silly books, and tried to talk ourselves into buying 25 dollar flasks; it didnt work.
Afterwards we went and got some food at this little cafe which sold beer. Beer and sandwiches, very nice. I had a glass of Weihenstephaner (God Bless Me). It is a Wheat Yeast Hefe Weissen Beer and quite good. It was delivered to me with quite the presentation.
After beer and food we got back on the T. While waiting for the train, we made naughty jokes involving the ice cream parlor J.P. Licks, sang Sesame Street songs, and just acted like goobers. Or maybe that was all me...
When we arrived at our destination, we had escalator races. {I do believe I did a little dance when I got to the top.}
Hehe.
On the way home, N passed out in the back and Jake and I belted out songs all the way home.
No comments:
Post a Comment