I have a thing for Colin Firth. A good friend of mine has a thing for Colin Farrell. And we both think the other is nuts. Anyway, there is always confusion when we decide to see a “Colin movie”. It ends up boiling down to a movie with either "your Colin" or "my Colin" for clarification purposes of course.
Anyway, Saturday was pretty grim, weather-wise. So when my friend asked if I wanted to see a Colin movie, I said yes; thinking of course we would be seeing a movie with Colin Farrell, i.e. In Bruges which is on the list of movies I want to see; so it was okay. So off we went to the playhouse. When we got there, a movie poster outside revealed a different Colin, my Colin!
“It’s Colin Firth!” I replied with excitement. I’ve been waiting for Mamma Mia! to be released but I had forgotten about this movie, Then She Found Me also starring Helen Hunt, whom I really like, Matthew Broderick, who will always be Ferris Bueller to me, and Bette Midler.
I really loved the movie. And not just because of the eye candy. :) It was Helen Hunt’s directorial debut. It was a comedic drama about the life of a 39-year-old woman who gets married in the opening scene only to have her life turned upside down. There were certain parts that made me cringe but there was a real-ness to it many movies attempt to provide and fail at. I laughed at parts and it was a real joy to watch the characters develop. And the little life insights that movies often try to provide were more believable and entertaining in this film than in most. Given the chance I would see it again. (This time it might just be for the eye candy). :)
So that's it then. You're a Firthian.
ReplyDeletea Firthian, good one! count me in, he's just sooooooo HOT!
ReplyDelete