Friday, March 21, 2008

Happy Birthday Old Man!

I have booked a trip to England. I'll be heading over there in April for 10 days. The original plan was to visit my father and sister who moved to Brighton last year. However, things change and now my father will be in Bali for business during my stay. I'll still be seeing my sister, and my brother will be over for 6 weeks to watch my sister while dad is away. We shall have a splendid sibling time and I already am wishing I could stay longer.

I do miss my father and wish I was going to see him as well. However, the current rumor in the family is that his return flight will bring him to the US. I'll believe it when I see it. Dad was never one to own up to anything until it was plainly obvious. I remember day trips as kids. I would ask, "Dad, where are we going?" He would point to the road ahead of him and respond, "that way." It would annoy me so much but all I could get out of him was "that way" or "straight". Perhaps he didn't know where we'd end up himself. Sometimes we ended up fishing, other times we ended up at an art museum or gallery, but most times we'd end up lost. I never minded. I always enjoyed being lost.

And so happy birthday Dad! Maybe one day we'll both be in the same country for your birthday.

1 comment:

  1. Now my mom is going with me. This is going to get interesting.

    ReplyDelete