I've recently been taken off a project at work that I not only spent a lot of time working on, but really enjoyed. I had spent a great deal of effort and time "housekeeping" on this data analysis project and finally got it all cleaned up, setup a template and completed an analysis of the first year; the fun part! Now, we have the second year's data, and thanks to my previous work, it comes all ready to be analyzed. But then I'm told by the project manager that I am no longer going to be working on this project, someone else is and so I am to show her everything I've done and hand the fun part (my words not hers) over to someone else.
It has actually upset me more than I initially thought. I really liked working on the analysis side. It was such a relief once all the data was cleaned up, and in a terrific software program ready to be played with. And, to add insult to injury, even though I have been taken off that portion of the project, I must still be a part of the crappy side of the project. While I believe this is the result of trying to divide work and even out the tasks to be done, it would have been nice if I was asked or still somehow kept involved. No one had mentioned about the quality of my work; but of course that is also something on my mind.
It's just frustrating.
No comments:
Post a Comment