Weekend
Earth Day is this weekend. Remind yourself to reuse, recycle, and do what you can to help preserve energy each day. Here are some tips from the EPA.
And here are some Earth Day events in the Southeast MA region.
Someone needs to tell Mother Nature it is springtime. Heck, the drive-in in my hometown started showing movies last weekend.
New Work Space
We are still getting settled into our new workspace. I am liking it more and excited for its completion. There is still a lot of unpacking to do and still a lot of furniture to arrive but it's getting there. I am not used to all the sunlight that the building gets. In the late afternoon the sun hits just right to make my sensitive eyes want sunglasses.
It's really great how late it is now when the sun sets. Although I am used to leaving work when it is dark out thus it feels odd to be leaving when it is light out; hence long work days recently. I have to lock that down.
Music
Jesse Malin came out with a new CD, "Glitter in the Gutter" and it rocks. I've been listening to it constantly. Bruce Springsteen contributes vocals on the track "Broken Radio" and of course it doesn't hurt having Ryan Adams on backup guitar.
Speaking of Ryan Adams, a new album, "Easy Tiger" comes out on June 5th!!! Wooohooo. A new album has not come out since 2005! (Granted he released three albums in 2005 but I was beginning to develop new Ryan Adams music withdrawal.)
Update: According to his label, Lost Highway records, Ryan Adams' 'Easy Tiger' will be released on June 26th. Sigh. More waiting.
Other
I've gotten into "Scrubs" this season and am now trying to catch up which is a commitment when a show is in its sixth season. I've also developed a little crush on Dr. Cox played by John C. McGinley. His character is such an ass but he's awesome. Speaking of TV, "Veronica Mars" needs to return.
I've seen a few amazing photographs online this week, like this one taken at a high speed: Milk meets Coffee. (The milk looks elliptical in shape with the coffee meeting the milk at a foci. Interesting.)
And this one which is just so full of life it is gorgeous.
It is inspiring me to play around with photography some more.
This photo of elephants inspired me today. I love photographs that tell a story or say something subtle.
ReplyDeleteWe have to start using the venetian blinds in the afternoons.
ReplyDeleteThat is great Mike! Wonder what the toll for a troupe of elephants is.
ReplyDelete